What Type Of Visa Do You Need To Work, Study Or Live In The U.S.?

Many people first come to the United States under a visa: for a visit, for college or other educational opportunities, or for a job. Many types of visas allow certain people to come to the U.S., and it can be difficult to know which one you need.

At the Law Office of Valdez & Monárrez, we help people get the visas they need to come to or stay in the U.S. We can help with applications for:

  • Employment visas for temporary and permanent workers
  • Student visas for academic studies, vocational studies and exchange students
  • Immigration visas for family members
  • Visas under the Violence Against Women Act
  • U visas for people who are victims of certain crimes
  • All other types of visas, including visas for victims of human trafficking and humanitarian visas

What Is The Difference Between A Green Card And A Visa?

Both nonimmigrant visas and immigrant visas (green cards) are ways to stay in the U.S. legally. The main difference is a nonimmigrant visa only lets you stay in the country temporarily, but a green card gives you permanent resident status, letting you live in the U.S. permanently. If you aren't sure what type of visa you are eligible for, give us a call and we can help you understand your options.

Call For A Free Consultation With A Visa And Green Card Lawyer

We offer free consultations with no obligation, so please call to learn more about your options and how our attorneys can help with the U.S. visa or green card application process. You may contact us at 956-278-0888 or by email. We have offices in McAllen, Brownsville and Houston, Texas.

Se Habla Español.