How Can I Work Legally In The U.S.? Employment-Based Immigration

Many people choose to immigrate to the United States because of work opportunities. There are many types of employment-based visas that can allow you to live and work in the U.S.

The experienced immigration attorneys at the Law Office of Valdez & Monárrez can help you and your employer through the process, including determining the type of visa you quality for, helping you apply for the visa and representing you if your visa is denied and you need to appeal.

What Type Of Employment Visa Can I Apply For?

The employment visa you can apply for depends on your skills and the type of work you do. Here are the main types of employment visas, in order of preference:

  • EB1 visas for the highest-priority workers with significant ability in their fields (these may be business executives, researchers or athletes, for example)
  • EB2 visas for doctors and other professionals with advanced degrees
  • EB3 visas for other skilled and professional workers
  • EB4 visas for certain religious workers and people employed by the U.S. government
  • EB5 visas for business investors

If you do not fall under any of these categories, there may still be other opportunities for employment-based immigration. You should discuss your situation with an immigration lawyer to learn more.

Get Your Questions Answered At A Free Consultation

We can help you and your employer with any difficulties in the process of applying for an employment visa. To schedule a free consultation, call 956-278-0888 or send us a message. Based in McAllen, Texas, we represent clients throughout the Rio Grande Valley and in the Houston area.

Se Habla Español.